Welcome! #3: Laurie Dillon-Schalk
Published on: April 21 2015
My latest guest on the Welcome! podcast is Laurie Dillon-Schalk of Evidently.
A lover of digital and coffee. Asker of good questions. Sleuth of business problems. Identifier of emerging trends, consumer insights, impacts of digital upon consumer behaviours. Laurie Dillon Schalk is my guest in the Welcome! studio.
In this episode, Laurie and I chat about:
- How she earned her MBA.
- Her amazing 7 years at IBM
- What she did at Great Gulf Homes
- How Laurie started Social Wisdom in 2009 during the height of the last great recession
- How she landed the job at WestJet as Director of Digital Strategy
- Her time at JWT as Director of Digital Strategy
- Working with the iconic OREO brand at FCB Global in Toronto
- And finally ending up at Evidently where Laurie is currently the Head of Planning
- We also chatted about the future of the traditional agency model
- Traditional media’s relationship with Facebook
- Why Laurie changed her name on Facebook
- Her thoughts on gender issues in the workplace
- And, finally, what her FAVOURITE song is!