Welcome! #6: Hessie Jones
Published on: June 26 2015
On today’s episode, Karim Kanji speaks with author and entrepreneur Hessie Jones.
You can follow Hessie Jones on Twitter at @hessiejones
You can follow me on Twitter at @karimkanji
Among other things we talk about:
- nude paintings
- business school where Hessie majored in Business
- One of her first jobs was with the Girls Guides of Canada
- Her role in launching the first Air Miles Direct Mail program and Esso Extra loyalty program
- How she started playing the cello to bond with daughter
- Hessie was employee #20 (ish) with Yahoo! Canada
- Launched Yahoo! Answers in Canada
- What her former Yahoo boss said when Facebook came into Canada!
- What was right (and wrong) with Jugnoo
- Her new startup: ArCompany
- her co-author Daniel Newman and Hessie write a new marketing book called Evolve! Marketing (as we know it) is Doomed!
- The value of mentorship